- Bread- if you didn’t know, bread contains sugar. Especially processed white breads. They are also sticky and can get between your teeth.
- Hard candies- they are harmful to your teeth not because there’s sugar but because you tend to hold them in your mouth longer.
- Apples- they are high in acid and they can be hard on your enamel.
- Carbonated soft drinks- a can of Pepsi or Coke has 10 teaspoons of sugar while diet soft drinks are loaded with phosphoric and citric acid.
- Popcorn- kernels get stuck in between your teeth and if they stay in there for a long time, they can lead to infection and even an abscess,
You may not be able to avoid these foods but you should know the right thing to do to keep your teeth healthy. Timing is important in maintaining a healthy mouth. The longer you give those foods to inflict damage, the more it will be successful in doing so. Knowledge is prevention. For a complete oral health care and smile makeovers, visit Wynnewood Dental Arts.